We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Your details may be collected during your shopping journey on www.scanteak.com.sg or at any of Scanteak's showrooms and event locations. Scanteak upholds best practices in the protection of your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA).
- Mandatory details collected when a customer opts to subscribe to Scanteak's mailing list are:
- First Name and Last Name
- E-mail address
- Mandatory details collected to process a purchase are:
- First Name and Last Name - For identification
- Contact number - To contact you for delivery/servicing arrangements.
- E-mail address - To
- contact you in case we are unable to reach you via the provided Contact Number(s)
- send payment confirmations, and soft copies of sales orders and/or invoices.
- For marketing/promotional messages.
- Billing address - To send payment details and/or invoices.
- Delivery address - To ensure the delivery of purchased items.
- Credit card details - To process payment. www.scanteak.com.sg is a secure website and credit card information will not be stored after your purchase. Please note that we are not responsible for details stored by a user’s personal internet browsers.
- Details collected via the redemption of gifts and game participation are:
- First Name and Last Name - For identification and stock keeping purposes
- E-mail address - To
- contact you regarding delivery/collection arrangements for gifts and/or prizes.
- For marketing/promotional messages.
- Customers may choose to opt-out of receiving communications from Scanteak at any time. Please note that Scanteak reserves the right to contact you using the details provided under the following circumstances:
- To confirm order details, stock availability and delivery details/status.
- In after-sales correspondences, which may include customer-satisfaction surveys.
- Communication is initiated by the customer (either by phone, instant messaging, email and/or other forms of communication).
- Disclosure of personal information collected via www.scanteak.com.sg or at any of Scanteak’s showrooms/events’ point of sale:
We will not disclose any of your personal data to any of our third party vendors, unless
- It is to complete a delivery or purchase.
- It is to communicate marketing and/or promotional messages.
- Expressly advised by you in speech or writing.
- Required by law.
- All third-party vendors, including but not limited to logistics partners (for the purposes of order fulfillment and any additional services) and insurance partners (for extended warranties), are bound by non-disclosure agreements and are required to observe our privacy standards.
- Scanteak employs the use of web beacons on our Websites and in our emails. By having web beacons in our emails it allows us to know how effective our emails are, and from there better improve our marketing blueprints to better suit our members. As for the website, the web beacons allow us to know and remember the preference of our members and from there better improve our service to suit our consumers needs.
- Scanteak employs a third-party vendor to control and protect the mailing lists and address. Mails sent through third-party sites will only be for promotional/communication purposes. Your residential addresses will not be shared with such sites.
- Your personal information and email address will be employed in situations such as to bill and collect money owed to us. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number. Scanteak uses a third party hosting server for all transactions for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments. We do not store any credit card information.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR UNSUBSCRIBING
You can update your personal information at any time by contacting us via our live chat.
Customers who no longer wish to receive our newsletters or promotional emails may click on an "Unsubscribe" link, which is included on every newsletter or promotional email from Scanteak.
DO-NOT-CALL PRIVACY STATEMENT
Notice to Customers Relating to the Do Not Call Provisions under Part IX of the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) ("DNC Provisions")
At Scanteak, we take our responsibility to protect the information you provide us very seriously. The DNC Provisions introduce certain changes in the way we may contact you via the telephone for promotional and marketing calls and messages.
From time to time, Scanteak may call or SMS our customers to inform them about our latest products or promotional offers. Products and services that may be covered by such calls and messages include:
- Updates on promotions and marketing campaigns.
- Verification of details previously provided by a customer
- Updates on changes to a customer’s delivery details, if any. The above changes will generally not affect informational and service related messages sent by Scanteak (e.g. messages relating to your purchases).
Scanteak reserves the right to modify and change the Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes to this policy will be published on our website.
"Insurance partners" has been added to clause 8 as a third-party service provider.
Scanteak has ceased collecting customers' NRIC/FIN numbers as membership numbers. If you have previously provided your NRIC number, rest assured that Scanteak is bound to protect your information in accordance with the PDPA. Moving forward, members will be identified by their mobile number and/or email address. Scanteak is not obliged to fulfill any membership entitlements if the number/email address provided does not match the original member's details.